Qualifications: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Clinical Psychologist:
Degree: Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Performing psychological evaluations of behavioral health patients, providing behavioral health consultation to a multi-disciplinary medical team, evaluating behavioral health treatment effectiveness and referring behavioral health patients to specialty mental health services. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Licensure: This position requires a current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Psychology independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.