This position is located in the Warrior Transition Unit at Fort Drum, NY.
Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County. As one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, the area offers bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities such as hunting, fishing, boating, sailing, scuba diving, white water rafting, and winter sports of all types. Fort Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont.
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
This position is a TERM position. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. This position may be converted to permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Physician for the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) outpatient clinic you will:
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Board Eligible/Board Certified
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.